Built on the successful Synchronisation Force series from the FAIRsFAIR project, FAIR-IMPACT will establish dialogue for collaboration and harmonisation with various projects, initiatives and actors in both EOSC and FAIR ecosystems to reduce redundancy and ensure that solutions are more widely promoted, sustainable and can be transferred to the relevant EOSC Partnership and current and future EOSC stakeholders.
The history of the FAIRsFAIR Synchronisation force
First Synchronisation Force Workshop - Budapest, Hungary 25 November 2019
The objective of the workshop was to open the dialogue between Synchronisation Force members and relevant stakeholders and agree on shared priorities.
- Create a system of information sharing between projects
- Table policy recommendations regarding acknowledgement and citation within the framework of data reuse
- Synchronise survey design across projects and share results and analysis
- Share the FAIRsFAIR work on Terminology for FAIR developed as part of activities on FAIR Semantics
- Integrate the work of the FAIR WG on PIDs into the wider PID-related work of FAIRsFAIR
- Foster engagement with the ESFRI cluster projects
2nd Synchronisation Force Workshop - online, 29 April - 11 June 2020
Ultimately held online between 29 April until 11 June 2020 as a series of eight sessions with EOSC Working Group representatives, partners in INFRAEOSC5 and ESFRI cluster projects, and members of the FAIRsFAIR European Group of FAIR Champions, the second workshop aimed to measure progress towards implementing the recommendations outlined in the Turning FAIR into Reality report.
- EOSC Governance to facilitate additional activities in under-represented areas (Recommendations 6, 8, 11, 13) through EOSC co-creation, Horizon Europe funding or other initiatives
- Supporting recommendation 23 to be reclassified as a priority recommendation
- Gaps to be addressed in the Turning FAIR into Reality Action Plan
Building on the results from the first and second workshops and continuing the dialogue with its stakeholders, FAIRsFAIR organised the third Synchronisation Force workshops as a series of online sessions, starting April 29th with an orientation session and concluding on June 10th.
FAIRsFAIR results are now available for the Research Community in the European Open Science Cloud framework and accessible through:
The Horizon Results Platform, the entry point for policy-makers, investors, entrepreneurs, researchers and experts where to discover the wealth of EU-funded research results and get in contact with their creators. FAIRsFAIR results are searchable by acronym or by typing the keyword: FAIR
FAIRsFAIR Community on Zenodo: the FAIRsFAIR community on Zenodo counts more than 240 items, among deliverables, reports, datasets, presentations and posters. FAIRsFAIR resources have been donwloaded more than 45.000 times ,of which 1300+ datasets downloads and 20+ software downloads
FAIRsFAIR website: revamped in January 2022 to ensure a proper user-experience based legacy after the conclusion of the project, the FAIRsFAIR website will be maintained online for the next 5 years after the conclusion of the project.